Monday, October 20, 2008

Totoro's House

Today I visited the Ghibli Museum, a location/destination all about the animation studio that makes our favorite animated movies, including Totoro. If you haven't seen it, come over to our house and you can watch it any day with Amelia. This was a highlight of my trip and something I really planned for. The creator of these films and director of the studios, Hayao Miyazaki, was adamant that the museum not be too crowded. So, you have to buy a ticket in advance for a specific two-hour window on a specific day. Only those holding tickets for that time are let in the museum!
The experience was a total delight and I left energized, as opposed to zoned out an exhausted, which is how I feel leaving most museums. Sorry, they didn't allow photographs inside the museum!
The only disappointment was that I bought some DVDs and had to return them because they won't play in the U.S. Luckily, Michelle's husband Bart saved me (and a lot of money) by recognizing the problem at lunchtime.
Here are some pics of the Ghibli Museum:





I spent the rest of the day walking and walking and walking. Among other destinations, I took the train and walked a considerable distance to a museum that was CLOSED. Arrrgh. It was my mistake, but I was still really frustrated.
My dogs are really tired now and it's late so I'll say oyasumi nasai (g'night) for now and leave you with these last two pics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bun, Looks like you're having an exciting time. This is the first chance I've had to read/view your blog. Glad to have missed the "way up high" but would love to visit the Totoro museum. Love to you, Mom